October 2, 2021 – Hi friends! I’m excited to share this post because it is my first-ever reader request!! Thanks to all five of you who follow my blog religiously, I am endlessly grateful. Today, I’m rounding up my favorite ethically and sustainably-made shoes, from sandals to sneakers and everything in between. As we all know, good shoes can be tough to find. And if you’re like me, buying lower quality usually means you can count on tossing them out in a year or so, which is not a great feeling for us or for the environment!
The list below is full of shoes I’ve purchased or had recommended to me, all of which are either ethically made (this is the goal!!) and/or composed of sustainable materials. Obviously we want both, but baby steps, y’all.
Ethically + Sustainably-Made Shoe Round-Up
- Rothy’s: for the comfiest recycled sneakers, flats, loafers, boots, and sandals – get $20 off your first purchase!
- Nisolo: for leather & some suede boots, flats, loafers, sandals (seen here), heels, and sneakers
- Birkenstock: for the classic, supportive leather sandals and slip-ons (plus these great waterproof sandals)
- Brave Soles: for sandals made out of recycled tires
- Everlane: for everything – sneakers, flats, boots, sandals, heels, rainboots, and even slippers!
- Allbirds: for cozy wool and breezy eucalyptus sneakers + slip-ons
- Ikwetta: for funky sandals, boots, and flats
- ABLE: for everything – sneakers, flats, boots, sandals, and heels
- Darzah: for intricate tatreez-embroidered booties, flats, and sandals
- Proud Mary: for fun sandals and mules made with raffia
- The Root Collective: for leather-based flats, mules, boots, and a handful of sneakers
- Avarcas: for the famous Pons espadrille-type sandal
- Veja: for sneakers and active footwear (they have a running shoe!)
I’ll keep updating this with new finds and recommendations, so you can bookmark this page and easily refer to it when you’re in the market for some new kicks. Also, if you have suggestions, drop them in the comments below!
You Might Also Like